This first SDG concerns the eradication of poverty, in all its forms and everywhere.
By 2030, the objective that is stipulated is:
- eradicate extreme poverty everywhere, currently measured as people living on less than $ 1.25 per day;
- to reduce by at least half the proportion of men, women and children of all ages living in poverty in all its dimensions in accordance with national definitions;
- implement, at the national level, appropriate social protection measures and systems for all, including flats, and by 2030 to achieve substantial coverage of the poorest and most vulnerable;
- ensure that all men and women, particularly the poorest and most vulnerable, have equal rights in access to economic resources, as well as access to basic services, property and control over land and other forms of property, inheritance, natural resources, new technologies and financial services, including microfinance;
- increase the resilience of the poorest and most vulnerable, and reduce their exposure and vulnerability to extreme weather and other economic, social and environmental shocks and disasters;
- resource mobilization from a variety of sources, including through enhanced development cooperation, to provide adequate and predictable means for developing countries (in particular the least developed countries) to implement policies to end poverty in all its dimensions;
- create sound policy frameworks at the national, regional and international levels, based on gender-sensitive and pro-poor development strategies to support accelerated investments in poverty eradication actions.
Based on these seven leading points on poverty eradication, it is now up to us to find ways to get closer and more effectively to these people by identifying them and helping them to find the best solutions to life.
LET'S TRANSFORM THE WORLD