The Cascais Town Hall, through Cascais Ambiente, promotes a young volunteer program in the area of environment and nature preservation, Natura Observa, which usually takes place from July to August.
Natura Observa aims to:
- Foster volunteering and education for sustainable development;
- Provide a service to the community;
- Promote the defense of the natural heritage of the municipality of Cascais.
All young people, residents or students in the county, aged between 16 and 30 years in 2019.
What are the projects and their functions?
The program usually consists of six projects, in biweekly regime, with shifts of 5h00:
- Germina - The Germina project aims to support the propagation work of native plant species developed at the Genetic Plant Genetic Bank (BGVA) and the maintenance of its infrastructures.
- Javali - The Javali project is intended for the execution of a set of forest works in patches of forest and forest belonging to the county of Cascais and inserted in a protected area of the PNSC.
- Pilrito - The Pilrito project is aimed at implementing specific measures to protect and recover the Cresmina-Guincho dune system.
- Falcão - The Falcão project aims to support the visitation to Quinta do Pisão - Nature Park (QdP), promoting Nature Tourism, supporting the work carried out by the Nature Rangers team and stimulating the ludic-pedagogical activities.
- Texugo - The Texugo project aims at the formation of a team of "rangers of nature" in order to support the actions developed within the framework of the Yellow Base Field Base (PACB).
- Raposa - The Raposa project consists of the installation of signaling and monitoring of the four small routes (PR1, PR2, PR3, PR4) and large route (GR11) of the PNSC inserted in a georeferencing system.
The applications for this Program are CLOSED.
Those selected will be announced based on the rules of the volunteer program.
All participants are entitled to a personal accident insurance and participation grant.
If you have any questions with your registration, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your photos on social media with #futuremaker.