Today is Tuesday and it is day to introduce ourselves another ODS.
Today's vision is about sustainable production and consumption and aims to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Until 2030, it was stipulated by the UN:
• Implement the Ten Year Plan of Programs on Sustainable Production and Consumption, with all countries taking action, and developed countries taking the lead, taking into account the development and capacities of developing countries
• Achieve sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources;
• Reduce world food, retail, and consumer waste per capita by half, and reduce, including post-harvest, food waste;
• Substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse;
• Encourage companies, especially large and transnational companies, to adopt sustainable practices and integrate sustainability information into activity reports;
• Promote sustainable public procurement practices, in accordance with national policies and priorities;
• Ensure that people, everywhere, have relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature;
• Support developing countries to strengthen their scientific and technological capacities to move towards more sustainable patterns of production and consumption;
• Develop and implement tools to monitor the impacts of sustainable development on sustainable tourism, which creates employment, promotes local culture and products;
• Rationalize inefficient subsidies on fossil fuels, which encourage over-consumption, eliminating market distortions, according to national circumstances, including through fiscal restructuring and the phasing out of such harmful subsidies, the poor and affected communities;
• By 2020, achieve environmentally sound management of chemicals and all waste throughout their entire life cycle, in accordance with agreed international milestones, and significantly reduce releases to air, water and soil, minimize its negative impacts on human health and the environment.
Be aware that Thursday we have news for you.
LET'S TRANSFORM THE WORLD