Arrived Tuesday and so it was again the day we introduced you an sdg. This time the issue is Potable Water and Sanitation and this goal of sustainable development aims to ensure the availability and sustainable management of drinking water and sanitation for all.
Until 2030, it was stipulated:
• achieving universal and equitable access to safe and safe drinking water for all;
• achieving access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all, and ending open defecation, with special attention to the needs of women and girls and those who are vulnerable;
• improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing the release of hazardous chemicals and materials, reducing the proportion of untreated wastewater by half and substantially increasing recycling and reuse globally;
• substantially increase water use efficiency across all sectors and ensure sustainable extractions and freshwater supply to address water scarcity, and substantially reduce the number of people suffering from water scarcity;
• implement integrated water resources management, at all levels, including through cross-border cooperation, as appropriate;
• expand international cooperation and support for capacity building for developing countries in water and sanitation related activities and programs, including water extraction, desalination, water use efficiency, effluent treatment, recycling and reuse technologies;
• support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management;
• by 2020, protect and restore water-related ecosystems, including mountains, forests, wetlands, rivers, aquifers and lakes.
If no one lives water, this should be a theme that concerns everyone!
LET'S TRANSFORM THE WORLD